The Small Business Administration’s Portland, OR office is searching for an Outreach & Marketing Specialist to join their team!
The SBA Portland District has a rare opportunity and is seeking a professional who is filled with positive energy, plays well with others and is a go-getter to become our next Outreach and Marketing Specialist (OMS). This is a permanent, full-time position opening at the full GS-12 /Step 1 pay scale. The OMS serves as the primary contact for SBA resources partner related programs and services and small business education. https://lnkd.in/gQY57Szg
The successful candidate will:
* Market all SBA programs and services
* Conduct training and education
* Strengthen & grow network alliances and partnerships
This position is located in the Small Business Administration, Office of Field Operations – Region X in Portland, OR. The incumbent provides oversight of SBA program grantees and resource partners to include compliance reviews, site visits and other monitoring activities. The work involves extensive planning, knowledge and decision making.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP)
The incumbent actively engages in:
– Marketing all SBA programs and services through outreach, training and education to various organizations and small businesses;
– Conducting outreach, training, education, development, lender recruitment and consultation with all lenders in the District;
– Building and maintaining collaborative alliances and partnerships with Resource Partners, economic development organizations and small business owners;
– Reviewing efficient deployment of tax dollars to SBA program grantees, and the effective and compliant use of funds by grantees
;- Developing and managing co-sponsorships; and
– Furthering the SBA mission. The incumbent works in the district with assigned groups, organizations, associations, coalitions, and partners whose constituents, and/or members may benefit from the use of SBA programs and services especially those who align with the SBA strategic initiatives or are new to SBA programs and services.
Physical Demands: This position combines an office environment with extensive outreach activities. This will require long periods of travel using multi-modes of transportation, including operation of a motor vehicle (GOV/POV). Is expected to lift boxes of hand-outs, information packets, computers and other items that can weigh up to 40 pounds. Will be required to transport, set-up and tear-down displays and/or other equipment at trade shows, training sessions and other locations.
Work Environment: The work is performed in a variety of rural and urban environments (office, hotels, warehouse, factories, farms, faith-based and community-based locations, construction sites, restaurants, garages, laboratories, etc.) and may incur exposure to moderate risk, discomfort and unpleasant surroundings. Required to travel extensively throughout the District, including frequent early morning, evening and occasional weekends and overnight travel. May be required to travel outside the District. A valid driver’s license is required.
Conditions of Employment:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must successfully complete a background investigation.
- You may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Specialized Experience: At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector that includes working independently in:
(1) Developing marketing strategy for programs and services for growth and development of a customer base; AND
(2) Developing and delivering outreach, training, presentations and education on a variety of business management, financial management or lending topics related to small business; AND
(3) Building and managing collaborative alliances and partnerships with a variety of business development partners.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM’s Qualifications website:
General Business and Industry Series, 1101
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 11/27/2023.