- This event has passed.
Training: Economic Development in Oregon Fundamentals
October 30, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Chemeketa Center for Business and Industry – Rooms 101/102
626 High St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
Join us for the next course in the Oregon Economic Development Certification Program to learn about essential features and tools for economic development in Oregon.
Participation in this training session also counts towards the Oregon Certified Economic Developer Program.
The economic development landscape in Oregon is unique. As an Oregon Economic Development Professional, it’s important to understand the economic development landscape and make informed decisions.
This interactive training covers in depth information regarding Oregon’s economy, including the context and tools needed to understand development dynamics, be active in the legislative process, and prepare for challenges and opportunities facing our economy. Information gained in this 101 course is perfect for those new to the profession as well as for mid-career professionals as it provides a good foundation for the remainder of courses in the Oregon Certified Economic Developer Program.
You’ll leave this interactive training with an understanding of:
- Oregon’s economic drivers and key industries
- Role of exporting in Oregon
- Oregon’s tax structure
- Oregon Legislature – how the legislature works (long session and short sessions)
- Tools and resources in Oregon
- Economic development organizations, what they do, and how to work with them
- The workforce and education landscape
- Role of land use in economic development
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies and how to align your strategies
REFUND POLICY: Refunds are available up to 7 days before the event. After that time, we can offer a credit for a future class.