Website Clackamas County
- Are you passionate about enhancing the quality of life for residents and the local business community by developing, growing and promoting a collaborative, diverse, and business-friendly environment?
- Are you someone who embraces and promotes change, excels at managing change, and views it as an opportunity for creative approach to any evolving situations as a result of change?
- Do you have exceptional skills in building partnerships and relationships?
- Are you devoted to making equity a core mission of your work?
- Do you have a personal commitment to putting ethics into action by holding yourself to the highest standards of professionalism, honesty, and objectivity?
If you answered YES to the questions above, please read on!
Clackamas County Department of Transportation & Development (DTD) / Office of Economic Development (OED) is seeking an experienced, motivated, and collaborative individual to join our team as a Business and Economic Development Coordinator. If selected for this position, your main focus will be on planning, coordinating, and implementing a business retention, growth, and recruitment strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating business and economic development activities with other departments, divisions and programs. You will also have an opportunity to represent Clackamas County and/or OED on various local, regional, state and federal boards, governmental agencies, and committees to ensure the County remains economically competitive for industrial and business recruitment, as well as tourism and rural economic development.
As a Business and Economic Development Coordinator you will work with a dynamic team that supports and manages programs related to business retention, expansion or relocation of established businesses, recruitment of new businesses, as well as business assistance.
The Office of Economic Development (OED) is housed within The Department of Transportation & Development under Visioning Services. We are committed to working towards a diverse, vibrant, and sustainable economy by attracting, retaining and expanding businesses through proactive engagement and programs that promote growth and workforce development. It is critical that every member of our team recognizes the vital role we play in our community, as well as understands the value a community places on thriving economy and financially healthy environment, and how our team satisfies this demand. To that end, we are searching for an individual, who is motivated to contribute to, promote and foster a collaborative, partnership-focused environment for a highly functional team with a strong focus on core values and innovative solutions, demonstrating strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills that will allow us to maintain, develop and enhance our operations.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills to perform the responsibilities of this position
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Business and Economic Development
- A minimum of two (2) years of project management experience
- Experience with writing grants, including researching available grants, writing grant applications, developing plans and budgets, and implementing the grant
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
- Current certification as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from the International Economic Development Council or equivalent certification program
- Experience in employment/industrial land analysis
- Experience developing, maintaining and coordinating economic and industrial data
- Experience researching and developing financing options
- Experience with rural investment fund program management
- Experience with urban renewal program management
- Experience with real estate/development finance
- Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
- Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver’s license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. Learn more about the County’s driving policy
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran’s Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE
We are searching for someone who:
- Aligns with Clackamas County Core Values of Service, Professionalism, Integrity, Respect, Individual Accountability, and Trust “SPIRIT”.
- Builds & Maintains Professional Relationships with internal and external customers, partners and stakeholders by honoring commitments and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Commits to Teamwork and Collaboration by working effectively towards a shared goal, encouraging sharing of information, productive problem solving and putting team success first.
- Demonstrates Excellent Customer Service by anticipating, assessing, and responding effectively to the needs of those we serve.
- Communicates Professionally demonstrating self-awareness, respect for others, and adjusting to various levels of technical skills & understanding of subject matters.
- Embraces Continual Learning through commitment to continuous learning, self-improvements, and willingness to grow within the job as technology and organizational changes demand it.
- Values Technology & Use of Electronic Systems appropriately and effectively for the processing and distribution of information, supports the implementation and use of technology in the workplace.
- Seeks to Problem Solve by using critical thinking and analytical skills, identifying alternative strategies & developing a solution-focused approach to address challenges or issues.
- Displays Creativity and Innovation by taking initiative in improving processes, programs, services and products through new approaches or ideas and being open to others’ ideas.
- Promotes Cross Cultural Effectiveness by engaging in a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds and values.
- Puts Ethics into Action by holding themselves to a high standard of professional, honest, and objective behavior in all dealings and interactions.
To apply for this job please visit www.clackamas.us.