- This event has passed.
COURSE: Real Estate Re-Development and Re-Use (Virtual)
July 15, 2021 @ 9:00 am - July 16, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Join us for the next course in the Oregon Economic Development Training Program to learn about Real Estate Re-Development and Re-Use in Oregon. [NOTE: The Building in Oregon course delivered June 17-18 is a useful precursor]. This training will be delivered virtually over two half-days on the mornings of July 15th and 16th, 2021. The course will combine live sessions, written materials, prerecorded segments, and two interactive round-tables. Please reserve 9:00 am – 12:00 pm on both days and a refined agenda will be sent to registrants.
Note: OEDA has lowered registration fees to reflect the absence of catering costs and to support affordability and access to these essential trainings during this time. We plan to resume awards of Rural Scholarships for travel and lodging when in-person classes resume.
Participation in this training session also counts towards the Oregon Certified Economic Developer Program.
You’ll leave this interactive training with an understanding of:
- Redevelopment vs. Reuse
- Land Use Overview: Regulatory structure for zoning and permitting, Development process, infrastructure & utilities
- Understanding the Market and Inventory Assessment
- Programs and Resources (Brownfields, Urban Renewal, etc.
- The Role of the Economic Developer; Working with Developers, Brokers, Owners
- Recruiting Development and Structuring Deals
- Tracking Projects and Showing Progress
- A project from concept to completion
- Actionable ways to use class learning
REFUND POLICY: Because this class is delivered virtually, we will not be issuing refunds although in some cases we may be able to issue a future credit.