OEDA Honors Contributions to Economic Development with 2019 Awards of Excellence
Salem, OR – The Oregon Economic Development Association (OEDA) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 Awards of Excellence in Economic Development. The awards are an opportunity to celebrate the positive impact of economic development work and highlight excellence in the field. The awards were presented at the OEDA Annual Conference held in Salem on October 28-29th.
Download Press Release: OEDA Honors Contributions to Economic Development with 2019 Awards of Excellence
Access Award Photos (cr. OEDA)
Access Awards Announcement Videos
Economic Development Leader of the Year
Colleen Padilla, Executive Director, Southern Oregon Economic Development Inc.
Business Development Success
Laird Superfood of Sisters, Oregon.
Outstanding Collaborative Partnership
Southern Oregon Economic Development Inc. (SOREDI) for its SOREDI Quest program.
Exceptional Economic Development Marketing and Promotions
Jon Bowen for his work on the Live Rogue branding initiative.
Urban Renewal Project of the Year
Hermiston Urban Renewal Agency for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Hermiston development and associated developments.
President's Award for Volunteer Service
Professional Development Committee Chairs Annie Gorski (City of Salem) and AJ Foscoli (City of Dallas)
2018 Award Recipients
- Business Development Success: Project Frostbite (Element Six recruitment to Gresham) and partners Greater Portland Inc, Business Oregon, Port of Portland, City of Gresham, and Portland General Electric.
- Economic Development Leader of the Year: Tom Nelson, Economic Development Manager of the Corvallis Benton County Economic Development Office
- Exceptional Marketing and Promotions: Central Oregon is Hiring and Reboot in Bend video campaigns by Economic Development for Central Oregon (EDCO) and East Cascades Works.
- Outstanding Collaborative Partnership: Public Private Partnership to create Salem-Keizer Career and Technical Education Center. Partners included Mountain West Investment Corporation, the Salem-Keizer School District and City of Salem Urban Renewal Agency.
- Urban Renewal Project of the Year: The Windward development by PHK Development Inc. in partnership with the City of Lake Oswego Redevelopment Agency.
- Lyle Stewart Award: Created by the Association of Oregon Redevelopment Agencies (AORA) in the mid-1990s to honor urban renewal financing expert Lyle Stewart, this award honors lifetime achievement in urban renewal. This year the award was given to bond attorney Harvey Rogers, whose expertise in public financing and influential contributions in urban renewal have made Oregon a better place.
2017 Award Recipients
- Business Development Success: McMinnville Economic Development Partnership for their Organic Valley project
- Economic Development Leader of the Year:Jody Christensen, Executive Director of the McMinnville Economic Development Partnership
- Exceptional Marketing and Promotions:Umpqua Economic Development Partnership for The Great Umpqua July 4th Food Truck Competition
- Outstanding Collaborative Partnership:Better Together for the Central Oregon Youth Career Connect
- Legislator(s) of the Year: Representative Cliff Bentz, Senator Betsy Johnson
2016 Award Recipients
- Excellence in Economic & Community Development: Daimler Trucks North America, EDCO, and the City of Madras
- Economic Development Leader of the Year: Renate Mengelberg, Economic Development Director for the City of Canby
- Outstanding Marketing and Promotions: Partnership for Economic Development in Douglas County, Run to Roseburg campaign
- Outstanding Collaborative Partnership: Caroline Cummings, Oregon RAIN
2015 Award Recipients
Exceptional Economic Development Marketing and Promotions: Travel Oregon
- Business Development Success Award: One West Main in Medford
- Outstanding Collaborative Partnership: Astoria Landfill Redevelopment Project
- Economic Development Leader of the Year: Jon Stark
- Legislator of the Year: Senator Mark Hass and Representative Mike McLane
2014 Award Recipients
Exceptional Marketing and Promotions: Soredi
- Outstanding Collaborative Partnership: McMinville Development Partnership McMinville Works
- Business Development Success Story: EDCO, REDI, CVB & Redmond Chamber
- Economic Development Leader of the Year: Eric Andersson, Pacific Power
- Legislator of the Year: Senator Betsy Johnson
2013 Award Recipients
- Exceptional Marketing and Promotions Award: Corvallis-Benton County Economic Development Office’s “Yes Corvallis!” initiative (www.YesCorvallis.org).
- Outstanding Collaborative Partnership: North Marion Enterprise Zone.
- Business Development Success Story: Henningsen Cold Storage Facility Expansion
- Economic Development Leader of the Year: Jill Miles, National Recruitment Officer for the Oregon Business Development Department
- Legislators of the Year: Senator Lee Beyer and Representative Tobias Read