POSITION: Real Estate Assistant
SALARY: $42,869.00 – $64,043.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 02/21/19
CLOSING DATE: 03/02/19 05:00 PM
Are you exceptionally organized? Do you enjoy multi-tasking and disseminating
information? If so, keep reading! We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude and
outstanding customer service skills to provide complex administrative support to the Business
Development & Properties team.
Enjoy a respectful work environment that supports curiosity, collaboration and contributing your
best. We foster a performance coaching culture and offer training and advancement
opportunities to further your ongoing career development. This includes tuition reimbursement,
on-the-job training, conferences and a whole lot more.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate and provide administrative and logistical support to the Business Development
& Properties (BDP) Director and their management team:
◦ Maintain Outlook contacts, schedule and organize meetings, and create meeting
◦ Prepare marketing and meeting packets as requested.
◦ Proofread and edit documents and presentations.
◦ Assist with procurement card reconciliations, check requests, and support budget
◦ Coordinate travel.
◦ Assist with completing project forms and procedures.
• Create and edit spreadsheets, reports, meeting minutes.
◦ Create and maintain contact and distribution lists. Manage shared folders in BDP
◦ Finalize documents for internal and external correspondence, occasionally originating
correspondence for managers’ approval.
◦ Prepare legal documents for signature.
• Prepare contract task orders and purchase requisitions:
◦ Ensure contract work adheres to purchasing policies and procedures.
◦ Manage leased property utility billings.
◦ Prepare monthly invoice billing requests.
◦ Acquire Certificates of Insurance and input critical insurance dates into tracking
◦ Key contact for monitoring contracts with appraisers, consultants and vendors.
◦ Facilitate payment on invoices.
• Direct or assist incoming general calls from public and real estate community regarding
◦ Assist with the day to day operations and tenant relations through the coordination
of tenant requests and administration of maintenance services.
◦ Provide high quality of customer service, update and maintain current daily and
emergency tenant contact lists and tenant information manuals.
◦ Process correspondence for tenants, contractors and other third parties.
◦ Assist with the scheduling of contractor work and coordinate with tenants.
◦ Maintain reported Risk Management Policies and Incidents immediately upon
occurrence and emergency contact information as well as a master tenant contact
e-mail address listing.
◦ Assist with the coordination of rent/lease information and budgets.
◦ Other miscellaneous assignments and special projects as requested.
◦ Maintain highly organized filing system for leases, tenants, insurance certificates,
vendors, buildings, drawings, contracts and purchase orders.
• Assist the BDP Records Coordinator as needed.
◦ Electronically scan and maintain business information; photos, documents, business
cards, vertical e-mails.
◦ Maintain hard copy files and database for lease agreements and related property
◦ Archive inactive or closed Property files.
• Associates degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred; or, the
equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience providing broad based, advanced-level
administrative support in a business setting.
• Experience working in a high volume service environment with extensive customer contact
• Advanced knowledge of the following is preferred:
◦ Base property lease abstracts.
◦ Public contracts and procurement procedures.
◦ Revenue Contract Making (RCM) policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications.
• Excellent proofreading and editing skills for spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Able to perform basic math functions.
• Demonstrated ability to organize workload and prioritize tasks to meet changing priorities
• Effective working independently or as part of a team. able and effectively in collaboration
with peers and team members.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with current Microsoft Office applications.
• Proven team player who shows the utmost respect for others.
• Ability to:
◦ Apply a broad knowledge of administrative procedures/policies and office operations.
◦ Manage contracts, leases, task orders and agreements as required.
◦ Resolve problems with outside vendors and consultants.
◦ Create and maintain advanced properties tenant/lease file system and database.
◦ Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
◦ Make decisions in the absence of specific direction.
◦ Maintain high level of confidentiality.
◦ Document, proof and edit technical information.
◦ Work with diverse employee groups and demonstrate a commitment to valuing
differences among individuals and have a passion for being inclusive.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: