Greater Portland, Inc.
Reports to: Vice President, Stakeholder Relations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
About Greater Portland Inc
We’re the region’s economic development organization charged with attracting new jobs and investment to the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area. Together with our partners, GPI works to advance economic growth and prosperity for all across the Greater Portland region.
Responsible for promoting the Greater Portland region with enthusiasm, energy and creative know-how!
The ideal candidate will do this by:
- Generating content – via social media, digital marketing and print collateral.
- Supporting and implementing GPI’s annual campaigns – through creation, support and execution of marketing and communications activities that assists GPI’s units of business development, regional competitiveness and stakeholder relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing the Region
• Creates and executes marketing campaigns (i.e., digital, social media, PR and news) to support business development efforts, including lead generation (i.e. companies that would consider Greater Portland for expansion or relocation).
– Tracks effectiveness and success of direct marketing tools to reach target audiences.
– Ensures social media, website and digital content are current and relevant.
• Tells the Greater Portland story by sharing relevant business, industry and economic news and happenings.
– Works with business development team to produce succinct client proposals.
– Crafts messages and marketing campaigns targeting a network of corporate decision-makers and national site-selection consultants.
– Helps plan and coordinate regional familiarization tours that highlight the best of what the region has to offer to companies and their employees.
• Maintains and strengthens the look and feel of marketing materials (upholding GPI’s brand standards).
– Manages and updates photos, logos and other related GPI, stakeholder and investor content.
• Creates marketing campaigns (i.e., digital, media, video, PR) to promote GPI, industry and investor successes.
– Updates GPI’s dashboard (i.e., monthly progress and results).
– Leverages investors and key partners to expand communications outreach on regional economic development issues/successes.
• Supports planning, coordination and execution of GPI’s signature event, Annual Economic Summit; fam tours; Greater Portland Ambassadors events; and other investor-related activities.
• Leverages PR tool (i.e., Meltwater) to build a network of national/international media outlets and journalists.
– Pitches story ideas to national/international media to increase the visibility of Greater Portland.
– Serves as point of contact for national/international journalists; facilitates connections to regional partners.
– Tracks earned media results using PR tool.
• Writes news releases and develops local/regional media relationships and positions GPI as a credible resource on regional economic development.
• Works within annual marketing and communications budget.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication and presentation skills in working with clients/coworkers.
• Respectfully takes direction from VP of Stakeholder Relations, CEO and management team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. At least three years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations and/or other relevant disciplines required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to write speeches and articles. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Has knowledge (even advanced) specialized computer skills in graphic design, video production, technical writing, statistics and/or web development. Experienced with Adobe desktop publishing software and social media tools (i.e., Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook).
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess valid Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must also be able to frequently drive and walk to events and appointments throughout the Portland Metro area.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More about GPI
GPI provides support and services to companies seeking to relocate or expand in Greater Portland, a region that spans two states and seven counties. A true public-private partnership model, GPI is supported by more than 70 private- and public-sector partners committed to advancing regional economic development through job growth and investment.
Send inquiries and resume to email@example.com. No calls please. Job closes on Feb 26, 2018.