Strategic Economic Development Corporation (SEDCOR)
Position: Polk County, Rural Innovation Catalyst
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Rural Innovation Catalyst position is responsible for implementing key strategic goals and objectives for serving the needs of technology and technology enabled companies within Polk County. The position reports to the President and will work as part of a team on all aspects of Strategic Economic Development Corporation’s (SEDCOR) economic development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as SEDCOR’s primary point of contact for technology companies within Polk county region seeking assistance for accessing resources for workforce and economic development programs.
- In consultation with the SEDCOR team and key community partners, prepare and implement annual business growth, retention and expansion program, including client visits and surveys.
- Attend trade shows to assist local companies as well as supporting statewide recruitment efforts.
- Identify individual and collective issues inhibiting business growth and expansion.
- Work with SEDCOR team and community partners to develop and broker solutions to identified issues.
- Coordinate events to help strengthen traded sector business community including job fairs, economic development summits, bi-monthly economic development meetings and economic development advisory boards.
- Contribute as a team member for SEDCOR activities and projects.
- Work closely with elected officials and representatives of communities within the region.
- Work closely with school districts’ CTE advisory boards within the region.
- Assist school districts’ school-to-business liaisons to develop workforce recruitment and training opportunities.
- Proactively build and strengthen key media relationships (local, regional, trade, national, and international).
- Coordinate program success and implementation throughout region.
- Track meaningful data and trends for business retention efforts. Use appropriate metrics to demonstrate accountability and success.
- Be proactive in staying abreast of current events and issues in the region, nation, and world, as well as in the economic development field.
Requirements and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or equivalent combination of education and experience is considered a minimum qualification.
• Familiarity with manufacturing, construction, advanced technology or food processing industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities in a fast-paced work environment with a series of continuous deadlines.
- Strong service orientation with experience collaborating as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons and communities from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Adept analytic, problem solving and strategic thinking.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or SEDCOR 626 High Street NE, Suite 200, Salem, Oregon 97301
No phone calls please