Overview of position:
There is an opening for the Mid Valley Regional Solutions Coordinator, which is a full-time Principal Executive Manager F position in the Governor’s Office. The Mid Valley region includes Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties. Regional Solutions Coordinators are based throughout the state with a mission to maximize efficiency of state agencies and collaborate with a wide range of government, private, and philanthropic partners to support economic and community development. The Regional Solutions Teams that they coordinate are charged with finding a way to get to “yes.”
- Government experience. Understanding of executive and/or legislative branch practices at the local, state, or federal level. Ability to work with senior government officials.
- Economic and community development knowledge. Understanding of best practices for creating family-wage jobs and equitable economic growth for all Oregonians.
- Solutions-oriented. Ability to identify and evaluate solutions to bureaucratic, organizational, and policy challenges.
- Strategic. Ability to prioritize among a wide variety of tasks. See the big picture while managing a busy workload.
- Effective leader. Manage a team and work with variety of stakeholders. Commitment to inclusion, transparency, and efficiency.
- Political savvy. Excellent judgment related to politics, relationships, and good governance.