McMinnville Downtown Association
The McMinnville Downtown Association works to promote and enhance our historic downtown as the economic, social and cultural heart of the community.
• Work independently and with the MDA Board of Directors, Program Partners, and volunteer committees to cultivate a more active, vibrant and sustainable downtown.
• Focus on the four strategic areas: Economic Vitality, Marketing and Promotions, Design and Preservation, Organization and Capacity Building.
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the non-profit MDA guided by annual goals and work plans.
• Supervise the Marketing and Promotions Manager and Farmers Market Manager.
• Develop the capacity of the non-profit MDA (a 501 c6) to implement volunteer based, locally driven projects in downtown McMinnville.
• Act as the point person for downtown McMinnville on a range of issues and build relationships with property and business owners, elected officials, developers and downtown stakeholders.
• Advocate for the vision and mission of the MDA. Sustain program funding through renewal of the Downtown EID, funding from the City of McMinnville, event income, sponsorships and successful grant writing.
Board of Directors via the Executive Committee
AREAS OF MAJOR TIME COMMITMENT:
• Downtown Manager Work Plan Implementation (Project Management)
• Meetings with Downtown Stakeholders and MDA Volunteer Committees
• Management and Operations
• Membership Outreach
• Support for Events and Promotions
• At least 2 years of experience managing economic or community development initiatives, or relevant professional experience.
• Proven successful experience in nonprofit administration and/or leadership.
• Experience and interest in fundraising; especially working with a board of directors to develop and implement successful fundraising strategies.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Experience managing and motivating volunteers.
• Strong writing skills.
• Tech-savvy with facility in MS Office applications, Dropbox, social media, website content management, and ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Familiarity with the Main Street Approach to downtown revitalization is ideal but not required.
• A strong sense of humor.
ANTICIPATED RESULTS: Support the organizational goals as defined by the board of directors (examples):
• Encourage rehab/adaptive reuse projects.
• Support new construction projects initiated downtown.
• Business recruitment and retention.
• Develop programs that activate downtown.
• Expand community support of MDA and downtown McMinnville.
• Aid in the promotion of the organization’s events, programs and projects.
• Develop and implement a plan for sustainable funding for the organization.
Please submit your resume, a one-page cover letter, three professional references and answers to the following questions to: email to Jenny.Berg@mcminnvilleoregon.gov.
1. Share with us your experience leading an economic or community development organization or initiative focused on community building, place making and/or downtown revitalization. (Please limit your response to no more than 350 words).
2. Tell us about your approach to building partnerships with organizational partners, stakeholders and/or volunteers (Please limit your response to no more than 350 words).
3. How do you develop a stable group of volunteers who want to regularly work for your organization? (Please limit your response to no more than 350 words).
Thank you for your interest in the McMinnville Downtown Association (MDA). We will review submissions and contact eligible candidates for a series of interviews. Please do not contact the office directly.