The Economic Development Director is responsible for the administration and management of assigned economic development projects at all stages. The Economic Development Director works in conjunction with the Chief of Staff, and the Executive Team (acting as an advisory board) for economic development strategy and priorities. The Director oversees the related activities of consultants and other professionals. The Director analyzes business proposals and opportunities, performs preliminary feasibility assessments, provides due diligence, prepares project budgets and business plans, takes a leading role in contract negotiations, coordinates economic development activities and program plans, writes status reports, and assists in related income calculation and valuation of business investments. This position may be based out of the Portland or Grand Ronde office and required to commute depending on location.
- Provides economic development and business investment policy and program recommendations.
- Determines sound business opportunities and develops proposals for Chief of Staff and Executive Team (economic development advisory board) review.
- Performs financial feasibility and pro forma analysis of proposed investments.
- Conducts due diligence on investment opportunities and makes investment recommendations to the Chief of Staff and Executive Team with all required information and supporting documents for review.
- Prepares, updates, tracks and implements economic development strategic plans tiered to Tribal Council policy and plans and for assigned investment and development projects.
- Establishes project timelines and critical path objectives.
- Develops and evaluates business plans, financial data, and market reports.
- Develops sound financial plans (including revenue and profit goals, cost reductions) and oversees operating budgets for the projects.
- Negotiates and monitors related contracts and consulting agreements.
- Manages, monitors, measures, and reports on program and project performance and recommends remedial or corrective action where necessary.
- Responsible for income calculation and valuation of assigned investments.
- Keeps abreast of related interests and serves as a Tribal representative in the local, state, and Indian business community to further economic development opportunities for the Tribe.
- Researches, develops, and analyzes demographic and economic data including economic forecasting to spot opportunities and trends in investments.
- Works collaboratively as a team member alongside Tribal managers and employees and in a professional and courteous manner with Tribal Council, the Tribal Membership and the community.
- Works in a professional and courteous manner, as a representative of the Tribe, with all those with whom coming in contact to include federal and state agencies, business enterprises, vendors, and contractors.
- Embraces, supports, and promotes established Tribal values such as integrity, honesty, loyalty, accountability, and trust.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Closing Date: 9/24/2018