Tillamook is located 85 miles west of Portland on the beautiful North Oregon Coast. It is the county seat of Tillamook County. The County has a population of 26,000.
The Director of Economic Development reports directly to the Tillamook County Economic Development Council Board of Directors. The Council is a board of ten persons, eight of whom are elected by members and two of whom are specified in the By-Laws; those positions are the Tillamook Bay Community College President and a sitting Tillamook County Commissioner.
This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of economic development in the county.
Term of Employment
Annual: Full-time position July 1 – June 30
Leave in accordance with current TBCC Policy 312 and corresponding regulations.
- Assist in the development of private and public sector initiatives to increase and improve services including infrastructure, land availability and availability of workforce housing
- Maintain a current inventory of the available resources, infrastructure and business development needs in the County
- Understand, maintain and market the Enterprise Zone Program
- Hire, develop and manage support staff and volunteers
- Coordinate economic development efforts: local, regional, state, and federal agencies and economic development efforts in Tillamook County
- Address workforce housing needs as key issue in growing Tillamook County’s economy
- Facilitate and participate in membership development in the EDC
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in preparing grant proposals.
- Experience in preparing, monitoring, and reporting on operational and grant budgets and understanding public budget law
- Experience with general business principles and economic functions as they relate to business profitability and financial resources
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Personnel management experience: hiring, development and daily supervision of personnel
- Experience working with governmental agencies (local, regional, state and federal)
- Skills in business retention/expansion, site selection, land use planning and business recruitment including traded sectors
- Ability to work with state and federal agencies and foundations to leverage resources that supports business, workforce and economic development
- Experience in development of private and public sector initiatives to increase and improve service, including infrastructure to the small business community
- Workforce development experience: supporting existing and growth businesses
- Ability to diagnose economic conditions
- Experience connecting opportunities for current and future small business owners with Small Business Management Program (SBDC, TBCC, Industry)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field to economic development
- Three years of economic development experience
- Proficiency with standard software programs and technology
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be willing to relocate within 1 year to Tillamook County
- Master’s degree in a related field to economic development
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience related to economic development
Complete application packets will have first consideration. The submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
Please respond via email with cover letter, resume and application indicating proof of your abilities to achieve the above job description and a minimum of three references to: email@example.com
Applications may also be mailed to:
Tillamook Bay Community College
Attn: Human Resources
4301 Third Street
Tillamook, OR 97141
To print application go to: http://tillamookbaycc.edu/tbcc-employment-opportunities/ Choose the staff application packet. Application cannot be filled out on-line.