Prosper Portland seeks a primary originator for new project financing through the PropertyFit program, the first Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (CPACE) program in the State of Oregon. PropertyFit offers CPACE financing to Multnomah County commercial, industrial and multifamily property owners for the installation of green and seismic improvements to their buildings. Through active and consistent outreach and marketing, this position is responsible for building and maintaining a pipeline of projects for the program. This position is also responsible for working with owners to develop scopes of work (often in collaboration with the Energy Trust of Oregon) completing financial analysis to help owners evaluate the economics of different scopes of work and financing structures, working with owners to assemble financing packages, and closing and monitoring of projects. (For more about the PropertyFit program visit: www.propertyfitoregon.com)
Prosper Portland is the economic and urban development agency for the city of Portland. Our work is based on four cornerstones: growing family-wage jobs, advancing opportunities for prosperity, collaborating with partners for an equitable city, and creating vibrant neighborhoods and communities.
We make racial equity the foundation of our community and economic development work. Within our workplace and working with our partners, we embrace values of authentic inclusion, transparency, and collaboration.
How To Apply
Interested parties must complete an online employment application to be considered. Applications are available as a paperless, on-line process at http://prosperportland.us/for-job-seekers/.
Prosper Portland is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income or any protected status. Prosper Portland values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested to apply. Reasonable accommodation is provided upon request for people with disabilities. Please contact Human Resources at 503-823-3242 or answer the questions within the application if you will need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and selection process.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities
PropertyFit Pipeline Development
- Execute on the PropertyFit Marketing Plan to increase community awareness of the PropertyFit program.
- Represent PropertyFit in industry associations, networks and events to increase awareness for the program.
- Conducts outreach and training for contractors and industry groups providing technical information about PropertyFit and the benefits to their business.
- Develops and integrates strategies to reach historically underserved populations in marketing and outreach efforts.
- Works with PropertyFit Team in developing and refining marketing messages, materials and strategies to reach varied markets.
- Builds relationships to generate leads and build a loan pipeline.
CPACE Financing Application Management
- Responds to inquiries and provides guidance to others on both the financial and technical requirements of the program.
- Helps building owners gather the necessary information to complete an energy audit/renewable energy feasibility analysis of their building.
- Coordinates with Energy Trust and others on the scope, development and execution of the building audit/feasibility study.
- Reviews energy audits/feasibility studies to help inform and refine the final project scope of work.
- Educates and negotiates with existing lenders to obtain statutorily requirement consent to the closing of the financing.
- Drafts credit memos describing the transaction and conditions of closing.
- Troubleshoots any problems that arise throughout the structuring and closing process.
- Serves as liaison between Owners and Prosper Portland to secure administrative approval of PropertyFit financing.
Financial Analysis and Structuring
- Prepares financial analyses that compares the financial impact of different improvement scopes to determine feasibility and help Owners in their decision-making process.
- Engages with PropertyFit enrolled capital providers to solicit project term sheets.
- Assists Owners in evaluating capital provider term sheets to select the offer that best meets the Owner’s investment and project capital needs.
- Acts as liaison between Owner and capital provider to facilitate the assembling of underwriting documents and preparation of closing documents.
Support Services and Administration
- Provides periodic reports on the pipeline of PropertyFit projects.
- Manages and participates in client and project team meetings.
- Work with Prosper Portland communications staff to prepare and provides website, press and social media updates regarding project/program information.
- Prepares various Commission reports and documents.
- Apprises supervisor of project status and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced technical knowledge in two or more of the following areas: commercial real estate loan origination, real estate development, or building energy performance.
- Proven experience building a loan pipeline and structuring and closing commercial real estate financing projects.
- Understanding of CPACE financing and energy efficiency, water conservation, renewable energy or seismic resiliency project financing.
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to express and/or report detailed and complex information to others.
- Effective communication skills including interpersonal, persuasion, public speaking and business writing capabilities.
- Advanced project management experience overseeing complex real estate development and building financing projects.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local development and real estate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates experience and success in working with culturally diverse individuals across all levels and fields, including industry leaders and professionals, elected officials, and the community at large.
- Ability to work collaboratively, resolve conflicts, propose solutions and gain agreement and consensus with stakeholders that may have competing agendas or purposes.
- Ability to build trust and confidence in others and exercise discretion in carrying out responsibilities independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and MS Project) and familiarity with business practices such as accounting, budget, customer relationship management and records management.
Minimum Education and/or Training
Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, business administration, urban planning, public administration or related field or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
Six years of combined experience in commercial real estate loan origination, real estate development, construction or project management related to real estate within the private or public sector. A Master’s Degree in finance, real estate, business administration, urban planning, public administration, or related field will substitute for one year of experience.