Business Oregon is the state’s economic development agency, working to provide prosperity for Oregon businesses, communities, and people. It is a complex and diverse body of work and this position is tasked with telling its story.
In conducting communications for the agency, you will write compelling content that tells the story of what we do and the outcomes we deliver for Oregon communities. You will drive social media strategies and work with regional economic development partners to create interest in our work. You will learn how to take information from complex and diverse programs and boil them down to engaging storylines. You will help drive transparency and integrity of our work by publishing information on our investments, sharing where money went and why. You will work with your partners on the communications and research team to use data and visualizations throughout our different communications channels.
Here is some more on what you will be doing:
- Storytelling! Write success stories and news releases announcing and describing Business Oregon’s successes.
- Other writing for products such as economic reports, presentations, annual reports, program information sheets, etc.
- Media Relations – Back up / supporting role.
- Public Records – responding to media and stakeholder requests.
- Social Media – Constructing creative social media strategy and content.
- Develop Relationships with local economic development partners
- Update the agency’s web content – making the language accessible and understandable to audiences. Working with IT team.
To learn more and to apply: