As a CDBG Program & Policy Coordinator you will…
- Provide technical support in the operation, evaluation and development of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
- Write applications, action plans, and long-range strategic plans to receive funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Coordinate with auditors from the Secretary of State and HUD to plan periodic audits of the program.
- Evaluate and write reports on compliance of existing programs with state and federal standards and develop policy and procedure recommendations.
- Interpret controlling regulations for field staff and develop technical training.
- Develop and revise handbooks or other guidance materials to simplify laws and regulations assuring maximum understanding and compliance by staff, local government, and program funding recipients.
For the full list of specific duties and working conditions, see the full job announcement here.
Business Oregon, the state’s economic development agency, invests in Oregon businesses, communities, and people to promote a globally competitive, diverse, and inclusive economy. The agency’s services span rural community development and infrastructure financing; business retention, expansion and recruitment; export promotion and international trade; investments in industry research and development and entrepreneurship; small business assistance; and support for arts and cultural organizations.