Website Columbia Economic Team
Navigator Scope of Work: Act as a trusted guide for the entrepreneurial and small business community, helping them to navigate local and external small business resources and trainings.
Acting as a strategic listener and networker, the Navigator assists entrepreneurs in finding their own best answers and supporting the local entrepreneurial resource providers to improve the ecosystem of greater St. Helens, Columbia County, and Northwestern Oregon.
The Entrepreneur Navigator will work with the GRO eLeadership team to develop strategies, goals, metrics and workplans to reach out to our area’s entrepreneurial talent, engage with them, build trusting relationships, listen, and learn about their development needs and wants and network them to relevant resources and assistance. The Navigator also works as an engager of business and other resources that help comprise the greater St. Helens area, to develop the greater St. Helens Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. These may be financial institutions, investors, private or public professional services, organizations, academic institutions, or any individual or business that may wish to support and contribute to the entrepreneurial ecosystem development and sustained function.
Scope of work:
Direct work with entrepreneurs in all stages
- Conduct entrepreneur engagement and cultivation, using existing methodology , independently and in coordination with eLeadership Team, and CET staff and programs.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the local eResource Network of the Columbia Economic Team and greater St. Helens area.
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with local entrepreneurs, small business owners, financial institutions, community stakeholders, and resource partners.
- Develop and maintain a connectivity to external small business and entrepreneurial resources.
- Identify, scope, and recommend support services for additional contracting or allocation, as necessary.
- Refer and network clients to appropriate business resources and training as appropriate.
- In coordination with the Director and CET staff, coordinate, and manage networking events.
- Recruit entrepreneurs for networking events
- Keep all scheduled client appointments.
Maintain accurate records and resource listings
- Maintain orderly and accurate records of entrepreneur engagement , compiling data and needs assessment information to assist the eLeadership Team in guiding the initiative.
- Recruit local, regional, or other asset and resource providers to the eResource databases and to networking events.
- Consistently refresh and grow asset and resource databases, lists and relationships.
- Capture and document success stories and success metrics. Maintain confidentiality, sharing information only as appropriate and authorized by the client.
- Provide expenditure recommendations as needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on client, resource development activity, and results to be combined with CET’s monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for eLeadership Team, partners, and Grantor.
Build durable relationships
- Develop and sustain trusting relationships with eLeadership Team members, eResource Network, community coordinators, champions, and stakeholders.
- Champion community understanding and commitment to the GRO greater St. Helens entrepreneur-focused economic development plan.
- Maintain a positive outlook on and for the economic future of the greater St. Helens area, Columbia County, and Northwestern Region of Oregon.
- Participate in professional development as requested.
- Attend CET staff meetings as appropriate and requested.
- Collaborate effectively with a variety of entrepreneurs, partners, students, staff and public from diverse cultural, social, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance and job performance
- Perform related duties as required.
- Business ownership experience or appropriate subject matter expertise.
- A demonstrated personal and professional interest in the greater St. Helens, Columbia County and Northwest Region of Oregon.
- Experience with and openness to working as a member of a team within an entrepreneurial resource network.
- Core competencies:
- The following listed attributes are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic listening and planning skills.
- Dependable, flexible, self-starting, collaborative team-player.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Creative, able to conceptualize and articulate concepts to others.
- A strong background and interest in business and business development.
- A strong personal focus on learning and professional development.
- Strong instincts for and ability to create networks both among people and entities and on paper
To apply for this contract, please submit a resume/curriculum vitae and respond to the following questions, maximum 250 words each:
- How does your professional experience directly relate to this role?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges facing small businesses and entrepreneurs today?
- How are you connected to the greater St. Helens community?
Please submit all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
First review – Monday, February 6
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org