Urban, suburban, rural, and wild: opportunities for all!
Growing a vibrant economy is a top priority for Clackamas County. We seek a creative and innovative economic development professional to lead our newly created Office of Economic Development and advance the county’s economic development efforts.
The Economic Development Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating, and implementing economic and business development strategies, projects, and functions with a particular focus on building wealth and prosperity by helping businesses start, expand, or relocate to Clackamas County. The Office of Economic Development also serves as the liaison between the County Fair & Event Center/Clackamas County Fair Board and the county. In addition, the selected candidate will help build relationships that promote the county’s economic competitiveness and support current and future businesses within Clackamas County.
Some of the current initiatives and services provided by the Office of Economic Development include:
- Programs and services to retain and grow existing traded-sector firms in the county and recruit new targeted industry firms
- Programs and services to reduce barriers to property development and to improve the supply and visibility of available industrial sites and employment lands
- Supporting the redevelopment and revitalization of downtown areas through the Clackamas County Main Street program
- Planning and execution of distinct economic development strategies and initiatives for both the urban and rural areas of the county
- Supporting the Economic Development Commission, a board-appointed advisory body that makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) on matters on the support and growth of a balanced, sustainable economy within the county.
The Economic Development Manager reports to and receives general direction from the County Administrator and is responsible for supervising staff within the Office of Economic Development. The incumbent is also responsible for bringing an economic development lens to the work of other departments as appropriate through coordination of work programs and ongoing engagement.
This position will remain open until filled. The first application review will be Monday, September 26, 2022. We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time on or after that date.
For detailed information and to apply online, please visit our website: https://bit.ly/3QpZgkM
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. Clackamas County is a great place to live, work, and play!
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer valuing diversity and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability, or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com