Website Business Oregon (OBDD)
Are you someone who aspires to make Oregon businesses thrive? We have an incredible opportunity for you to utilize your skills in business finance to help Oregon businesses succeed. The Oregon Business Development Department dba Business Oregon is currently hiring two full time Business Finance Officer (Loan Specialist 2) positions in various locations including Salem, Portland, Eugene and Eastern Oregon.
Note: We value our employees and want to encourage work-life balance and flexibility. This position may have the ability to work remotely with required days in the office every other week.
What you will do:
· Assists with the department’s bond finance programs. These programs include administering the Industrial Revenue Bond Program (IDB) and Aggie Bond Program.
· Assists with administering and marketing the Oregon Business Development Fund; Oregon Royalty Fund, Business Oregon Relender Program, Capital Access Program, Entrepreneurial Development Loan Fund and Credit Enhancement Fund Program for business development projects and managing and projecting the revenues, grants, loans and bonds and project financing.
· Builds and maintains contacts with customer base including banks, credit unions, economic development districts, culturally specific chambers and business associations, cities, counties, local and regional economic development agencies, department staff, and state and federal agencies.
· Assists Business Finance in working with partners to leverage funds for business finance, such as banks, credit unions, local economic development districts, culturally specific chambers and business associations, cities, counties, local and regional economic development agencies, department staff and state and federal agencies; coordination regarding financing of projects in providing recommendations for the least costly and best financing option.
· Assists with analyzing requests for financial assistance and structure of financing proposals that will be most feasible and beneficial to the applicant and the community, secure appropriate commitments, provides advice to businesses, developers and local government on appropriate financial avenues, prepares and presents staff reports and recommendations to the Finance Manager, Department Director, Finance Committee, and the Economic and Community Oregon Business Development Commission.
· Prepares and/or reviews documents, contracts, warrants, liens, UCC filings and all related loans and guarantee documents.
· Assists to manage cash flow and fund balances and keeps records of concepts, applications and commitments for assigned programs.
Business Oregon strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following skills:
· Experience preparing commercial, industrial and/or municipal loan and/or grant documents and closing loans working with borrowers and third parties to facilitate loan closing.
· Experience reviewing collateral, title reports, appraisals and insurance documents for commercial/industrial loans.
· Experience with credit analysis, underwriting, and risk mitigation for commercial/industrial loans.
· Experience with government supported lending programs like SBA 7(a) & 504 programs, USDA B&I Guarantees, and/or State of Oregon programs.
· Experience servicing commercial, industrial and/or municipal loans through modifications, amendments, perfecting collateral and security interests, and processing loan payoffs.
· Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Want to learn more about this position and Business Oregon? Add this information session to your calendar:
Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 10:00am – 11:00am PST
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 874 2767 9460
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,87427679460#,,,,*606436# US (Tacoma)
+13017158592,,87427679460#,,,,*606436# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 874 2767 9460
Find your local number: https://oregon4biz.zoom.us/u/kbn6MpCvu
Please note: if you are interested in applying for this position, you must attach your current cover letter and resume to your application. Failure to submit the required resume and cover letter will remove your application from consideration.
What you need to qualify:
Five years experience in either:
Preparing or analyzing commercial, or public sector loan applications using cash flow, financial statements, historical and annual operation analyses; including collections and foreclosure procedures; or
Processing commercial real estate transactions including qualifying, evaluating and extending credit to borrowers, and property inspections; or
Marketing, analyzing, servicing, or underwriting commercial, or public sector loans; or
Economic or community development.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economic, Finance, Accounting, or related field may substitute for three years of experience. An Associate’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration or a related field may substitute for 18 months of the experience.
What Business Oregon does:
Business Oregon is the economic development agency for the state of Oregon. We have about 150 people on our team, and we work with communities and businesses. We use our programs and expertise to help businesses grow, so they can in turn add jobs, diversify the economy, and increase Oregon prosperity. We work with communities to enhance and expand infrastructure and community safety with projects such as water/wastewater systems, seismic rehabilitation for schools, or rural broadband development. This also sets the stage for future business development. Our mission is to invest in Oregon’s businesses, communities, and people to promote a globally competitive, diverse, and inclusive economy, all carried out with an agency strategic plan.
How to Apply Please Note: Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM PST on October 17th, 2022.
· Click the link to complete your online application.
· Attach your current cover letter and resume. Failure to submit the required resume and cover letter will remove your application from consideration.
· Complete the questionnaire.
· The candidates whose work experience most closely matches the qualifications and skills of this position will be invited to interview.
· Warning – Workday will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity and will not save your application progress. You must submit your application after you begin the process.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Family Friendly Work Life Balance: Paid time off, 11 holidays, 3 personal days & optional short- and long-term disability benefits.
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family: Comprehensive employee benefits, choice of medical plans, vision plan, life insurance, employee assistance program.
Invest in Your Future: Pension plan, deferred comp, short- and long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care.
Be Appreciated: Employee recognition events, agency unique employee recognition program allowing for additional leave options such as vacation buy-out and sick leave roll-over, dynamic employees doing impactful work.
ADA: At Business Oregon, we value community and foster a sense of belonging for our employees.
· It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to all applicants who may need them. Should you need assistance, or an accommodation please contact Janeen Hilbrink in Employee Services to discuss how we can best meet your needs.
· Veterans’ Preference – Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans’ preference. If you checked that you are a veteran, we will ask you for your documents later in the process. Click on the Veterans’ Preference link for additional information.
· Criminal Records Check – Hiring of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the results of a Criminal Background Check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
· Work Authorization – The Oregon Business Development Department (dba Business Oregon) does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, all applicants will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security’s Form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
· This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current position and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
· This position is a classified, full-time position, and is not represented by a union.
· PERS – This is a PERS qualifying position. After a six-month waiting period eligible Management Service, Executive Service, and Unrepresented employees will have their base pay increased by 6.95% and the 6% PERS contribution deducted from their base pay rather than a direct 6% contribution by the State of Oregon to the employees PERS account. This will mirror the bargained SEIU and AFSCME PERS process.
To apply for this job please visit oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.