Website Business Oregon (OBDD)
Are you a positive, up-beat, go getter who can adapt to change? Are you detail oriented? Do you have experience providing technical assistance for program planning, contract procurement, and contract administration? This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team!
Business Oregon, the state’s economic development agency, is currently hiring a full time Procurement and Contract Specialist 3. This position interprets law and administrative rules and advises executive and program staff on contracting requirements, and develops and modifies procurement program guidelines, Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs), policies and procedures.
Note: We value our employees and want to encourage work-life balance and flexibility. This position may have the ability to work remotely with required days in the Salem office every other week.
What you will do:
· Provide consultation and contract services to Department staff in the development of contracts with federal, state and local government, non-profits and private organizations.
· Serve as primary reference to agency management for contracting rules and requirements impacting the agency’s compliance with State Law.
· Provide technical direction to Department staff on methods of acquisition, developing, writing, and implementing Request for Proposal (RFP) and other solicitation documents, and requirements of contracting processes.
· Solicit and evaluate build to suit proposals.
· Devise negotiating strategies with goals and alternatives. Negotiate contract or agreement terms to minimize performance risk.
· Analyze and monitor contracts and agreements, as directed, to ensure contracts and files are in compliance with applicable law, policies, procedures and best practices in state government, to ensure adequate budget exists to execute contract, and to avoid audit irregularities.
· Advise management on contract administration.
· Explain department purchasing, contract, or agreement policies to agency program staff. Explain and advise staff on state contracting laws, rules, regulations, operating policies, procedures, and ethics.
· Review agency procurement, contract, or agreement practices for compliance with rules, statutes, policies and practices.
· Develop agency policies and procedures for internal and public use relative to grants, loans and other contracts.
· Analyze leasing agreements – Meet with agencies to decide space requirements. Analyze owned and available space. Analyze comparative costs of alternatives.
Business Oregon strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following skills:
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Experience and proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Excel and databases with reporting software.
· Ability to weigh the relative risks, costs and benefits of a potential contracting methods.
· Ability to write contracting documents and specifications.
· Evaluate and review contracts for compliance to specifications and requirements.
· Analyze and translate program needs and develop contractual terms and conditions.
· Analyze, interpret, and apply contracting laws, rules, regulations and policies.
Please note: if you are interested in applying for this position, you must attach your current cover letter and resume to your application. Failure to submit the required resume and cover letter will remove your application from consideration.
What you need to qualify:
Five years procurement and contract experience related to the position such as developing and administering standard contracts, agreements, or solicitations.
A bachelor’s degree and two years of professional-level procurement and contract experience related to the position.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of procurement and contract experience related to the position.
What Business Oregon does:
Business Oregon is the economic development agency for the state of Oregon. We have about 150 people on our team, and we work with communities and businesses. We use our programs and expertise to help businesses grow, so they can in turn add jobs, diversify the economy, and increase Oregon prosperity. We work with communities to enhance and expand infrastructure and community safety with projects such as water/wastewater systems, seismic rehabilitation for schools, or rural broadband development. This also sets the stage for future business development. Our mission is to invest in Oregon’s businesses, communities, and people to promote a globally competitive, diverse, and inclusive economy, all carried out with an agency strategic plan.
How to Apply Please Note: Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM PST on November 28, 2022.
· Click the “Apply” button above to complete your online application.
· Attach your current cover letter and resume. Failure to submit the required resume and cover letter will remove your application from consideration.
· Complete the questionnaire.
· The candidates whose work experience most closely matches the qualifications and skills of this position will be invited to interview.
· Warning – Workday will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity and will not save your application progress. You must submit your application after you begin the process.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Family Friendly Work Life Balance: Paid time off, 11 holidays, 3 personal days & optional short- and long-term disability benefits.
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family: Comprehensive employee benefits, choice of medical plans, vision plan, life insurance, employee assistance program.
Invest in Your Future: Pension plan, deferred comp, short- and long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care.
Be Appreciated: Employee recognition events, agency unique employee recognition program allowing for additional leave options such as vacation buy-out and sick leave roll-over, dynamic employees doing impactful work.
ADA: At Business Oregon, we value community and foster a sense of belonging for our employees.
· It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to all applicants who may need them. Should you need assistance, or an accommodation please contact Janeen Hilbrink in Employee Services to discuss how we can best meet your needs.
· Veterans’ Preference – Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans’ preference. If you checked that you are a veteran, we will ask you for your documents later in the process. Click on the Veterans’ Preference link for additional information.
· Criminal Records Check – Hiring of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the results of a Criminal Background Check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
· Work Authorization – The Oregon Business Development Department (dba Business Oregon) does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, all applicants will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security’s Form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
· This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current position and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
· This position is a classified, full-time position, and is not represented by a union.
· PERS – This is a PERS qualifying position. After a six-month waiting period eligible Management Service, Executive Service, and Unrepresented employees will have their base pay increased by 6.95% and the 6% PERS contribution deducted from their base pay rather than a direct 6% contribution by the State of Oregon to the employees PERS account. This will mirror the bargained SEIU and AFSCME PERS process.
· Are you looking to live in and experience Oregon? Learn more about life in Pendleton, Salem, and Portland.
For questions about this job, contact Janeen Hilbrink, HR Analyst in Employee Services, at 971-707-0252 or email Janeen.M.Hilbrink@biz.oregon.gov
Business Oregon Career Opportunities
Business Oregon is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job please visit oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.