- This event has passed.
Business Recruitment and Lead Generation Professional Development Training
June 7, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday, June 7, 2018
400 SW 1st St.
Corvallis, OR 97333
Join us for the next course in the Oregon Economic Development Certification Program to learn how to recruit new businesses and generate recruitment leads. Learn from consultants, economic development professionals, and site selectors, about what works, what doesn’t, and how to start implementing a recruitment strategy.
Participation in this training session also counts towards the Oregon Certified Economic Developer Program.
You will leave this interactive training with an understanding of:
- Importance of business recruitment & lead generation;
- How to prepare your community for business recruitment;
- Generate & work with leads;
- Putting it into practice, including implementing your recruitment strategy.
Meet Your Facilitator:
- Dick Sheehy – Manager of the Advanced Planning and Site Selection Group Jacobs (formerly CH2M). He has more than 29 years in site evaluation and selection experience, including 23 with CH2M/Jacobs, evaluating site locations and developing projects for advanced technology, solar/PV, semiconductor, data center, food and beverage, and consumer product industries. His experience ranges from private industry consultant to real estate development and an economic development public official with the state of Oregon. Mr. Sheehy also previously held economic development positions with the Portland Development Commission and the Oregon Economic Development Department, where he used his knowledge of industrial development to recruit world-class manufacturers to Oregon such as Fujitsu Microelectornics, Hewlett-Packard, Hyundai Electronics, Integrated Device Technology, Nypro, Samsung Semiconductor, Sony Disc Manufacturing, Symantec and Tokyo Electron America.
The class will include additional instructors and case studies, including from:
- Business Oregon
- Greater Portland Inc.
* An agenda and additional logistical details and materials will be sent out prior to the class.
Annie Gorski, Professional Development Co-chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
AJ Foscoli, Professional Development Co-chair, at email@example.com